A is for Apple, Ariana Grande&Awesomeness

 A is for Apple, Ariana Grande&Awesomeness


A really should be for 'allo, because it feels like an aeon and a half since I last posted here. The world's on the brink of a humanitarian crisis, a global pandemic has been and gone(kind of), and I'm still over here writing. But enough about me. How have you been?

I can't quite believe it's nearly three years since I posted here. It feels like a lifetime ago, I feel like a lucky cat with nine lives, a few have been used up and finally, after the most chaotic and yet at times calm and peaceful life, it's time for a new chapter.

It seems fitting too that there are lots of departures and returns in the world of politics, music, and books. The UK has just welcomed a new Prime Minister-just when you thought it couldn't get any worse than Boris. The speech about Pork Markets alone shows a woman wildly out of touch with what is going on in the world.

Which leads on nicely to new music, and as Lewis Capaldi has just been compared to Liz Truss-somebody give the guy a break, he's good looking and as someone  who is actually a decent human, politically aware, and laugh out loud funny, at 25 already sits head and shoulders above the woman he's been compared to. 

Joking aside, Lewis's new single 'Forget Me' is out on 9th September and from the snippet he played his O2 audience-plus 20,000 people live on TikTok-if it's not a bestseller I'll eat my shorts. From the tiny part I've heard I would say the sound is a bit more upbeat than some of his previous offerings. Not a criticism, and it's hard to review properly without hearing the full song. Lyrically speaking 'Forget You' is Capaldi at his trademark best. Simple yet powerful words full of heart and sung from the soul. The marketing campaign which has seen him pose in his underwear holding a cocktail and with sunglasses on, I hope that Lewis gets the number one he truly deserves. Follow the link to pre-save the new single out 9th September.Pre save 'Forget Me' here

Finally onto books and I am super excited for Dawn O'Porter's new book 'Cat Lady.' Having thought of myself as a crazy cat lady for years, the marketing is very clever with a very striking cover.  The book is out on 27th October with the tagline 'A Woman always lands on her feet' . Mia lives a quiet unexciting life but gets the chance to reinvent herself. It's hard to say a lot about it without getting my hands on the book but early reviews are fantastic. I'm excited to read it. Pre-order 'Cat Lady' here

I'm so excited to be posting on here again. Check back for more posts soon. 

Peace& love

The Rebel Poetess

xoxo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Not OK

Guest Post: Kristina M Serrano

Me Too in 2023: